Thursday, May 14, 2009

Can I Help?




I am a baby boomer and many of my friends are as well. In groups so many times our conversations turn to the friend that isn't there because they are having a hard time right now.....their parent has recently been diagnosed with ---(it can be anything that would make it difficult to function and have a normal life) and he/she is going to have to step up and help out. What would you do if that conversation were in your circle of friends?
I have a few suggestions...
1. Offer moral support.
2. Call and see what you can do to help.
3. Pick up things at the store, walk the dog, anything that would help out....
4. Watch children.
These are just a few suggestions, I am sure you can come up with so many more.
Your friend needs all the help and support at this very difficult time....step up, you can do it and it will make you feel so good....