Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Kites - Good exercise and lots of fun!!!

A few months ago I had a 5 way by-pass, the end result was Dr. strongly suggested more exercise...walking is not something I enjoy so....I searched for something that would get me outside and get exercise as well. A very dear friend suggested kite-flying.   At first, oh no, that's not for me, but who knew it could be so much fun and a good way to get exercise.  I now have 4 kites and flying 4 or more days a week and getting my heart rate up, getting a tan on my face and ankles and what a hoot.

As this is tax season and usually I spend many, many hours inside under the fluorescent lights I can't wait to get out and get flying.

January 22, 2014, Today was kite repair day, measure, cut fiberglass spars,  insert back into the kite and see if she flys....Up and away, after a few tries, when the wind is only a couple miles it takes a minute or two to get her going...but she was away, this one looks like stained glass way up there in the blue with only a few clouds to get in the way. The birds came to I visit again today, whenever I fly the vultures always come to see the competition. That 's always neat to see too!!!